Successful £2.1 million institutional fundraising
Acta S.p.A. (AIM: ACTA), the clean energy products company, announces that the Company has, via an institutional placing (the ”Placing”), raised £2,110,500 (gross) though the issue and allotment of 42,210,000 ordinary shares of Euro 0.006 each in the capital of the Company (“Placing Shares”).
The Placing Shares were placed at a price of 5 pence per share (the ”Placing Price”). The net proceeds of the Placing will be used to finance the working capital requirements of the Company’s current commercial expansion.
Background to, and reasons for, the Placing
At the time of the interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2012, announced on 27 September 2012, the Board was pleased to report that Acta’s product sales, order book and proposals pipeline was increasing rapidly. Since that date the Company has announced a number of further commercial milestones including:
· the shipment of the first fully integrated fuel cell telecom back-up power system incorporating Acta’s onboard hydrogen generation for automatic fuel replenishment to SEFCA Pty Ltd, Acta’s Australian marketing and distribution partner, which is to be put on field trial with a major Australian telecoms company in the near future;
· an order for two further renewable energy powered electrolysers from M-Field Energy Ltd, a system integrator based in Taiwan;
· the first two orders for the Company’s 1m3/hour hydrogen generator stack from the Spanish National Research Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology (CIEMAT) and from a German electrolyser manufacturer which is seeking to integrate Acta’s hydrogen generator stack into its product range;
· a blanket order for multiple units of Acta’s HG100 hydrogen generator from the Company’s strategic partner Heliocentris Energy Solutions AG with an expected total value of approximately €150,000, which has subsequently seen its first call-down orders;
· a supply agreement with FutureE Fuel Cell Solutions GmbH for customized EL500 hydrogen generators for incorporation into FutureE’s award-winning Jupiter Independence integrated off-grid back-up power system with an expected total sales value of €3,000,000 over five years;
· confirmation of conditional grant approval for the EU-funded Alkammonia project, from which the Company is due to receive up to €398,000 over the next three years; and
· the signing of a Letter of Intent with MVS Engineering Ltd for the distribution of Acta’s electrolysers in India through MVS Energy Solutions.
In addition, the Company has seen consistent month on month growth in enquiries and orders. There are currently a number of additional partnerships in relation to sales, distribution and production under negotiation with potential Asian partners. As of 30 November 2012, the Company’s Forward Order Book of scheduled orders and contracts awaiting call-down stood at €970,000, with new orders coming in regularly. Additional written Proposals awaiting acceptance stood at €620,000; and Project Requests (partner project requests under negotiation at identified volumes and pricing) represented a total value of in excess of €10 million.
The Board believes that the level of commercial interest that Acta’s products are attracting clearly demonstrates the potential for Acta’s technology and that the Placing will provide new financing for continued business development including an expansion of production capacity to meet customer demand and will allow the Company to continue to grow its commercial activities with existing customers and new commercial partners around the world.
Details of the Placing
The Placing has been supported by a combination of existing and new institutional investors, plus the Company’s non-executive director, Rodney Westwood, who has subscribed for £5,000, by value, of the Placing. The Placing utilises the Company’s authority to issues new ordinary shares that was granted on 28 February 2012, which would have otherwise expired on 28 February 2013. The Placing is not underwritten and is subject to, inter alia, admission of the Placing Shares to trading on AIM (“Admission”).
The Placing Shares represent approximately 30% of the fully diluted share capital as enlarged by the Placing.
Admission and dealing arrangements
Application has been made to the London Stock Exchange for Admission of the Placing Shares. It is expected that dealings in the Placing Shares will commence at 8.00 a.m. (London time) on 7 January 2013. Following the Admission of the Placing Shares, the issued share capital of the Company will be 140,431,939 ordinary shares.
The Placing Shares will be issued credited as fully paid and will rank pari passu in all respects with the existing ordinary shares, including as to the right to receive and retain all dividends and other distributions declared, made or paid after Admission.
The net proceeds of the Placing will be utilised alongside grant funding of approximately €1.4 million, expected to be received during 2013, to finance the continued growth of the Company’s commercial activities with existing customers and new commercial partners around the world. Based on existing financial resources, expected grant receipts and the proceeds of the Placing, the Board believes that the Company has sufficient capital available to finance the working capital requirements of the Company’s current business plan as it expands its commercial and production activities over the next year.
The Board is confident that Acta has a market leading range of innovative hydrogen generator products and electrolyser technologies with a wide range of commercial applications, demonstrated by the recent level of product orders, application enquiries, and commercial development arrangements recently announced and looks forward to notifying the market of the Company’s further commercial progress in due course.
Paolo Bert, Chief Executive of Acta commented: “We have been delighted with our recent commercial progress and our next challenge is to continue this momentum while expanding our production capacity to keep pace with the growing demand for our products. We are grateful for the continued support of our shareholders and we are confident that this support will be rewarded over the next twelve months as we complete the transformation of the Company into full-scale commercial operations.”